If you made it through 2017 with you and your family healthy and unharmed, congratulations!
If you haven’t made any New Year’s resolutions yet, here’s an idea for you. Ensure you and your family get through 2018 safe and sound by resolving this year to make some home improvements to protect against intruders. Let’s on the lights!
Almost everyone could stand to add one or two items to their home security repertoire. Here are some suggestions for you to help protect your home:
- Install bright lights around your homes points of entry to deter a burglar for fear of being spotted
- Make sure you have good quality deadlocks on all of your doors.
- Stop hiding a key outside in an obvious place.
- Put your family’s valuables in a fireproof safe or store them offsite in a safety deposit box.
- Always lock your doors even when you’re at home.
- Never let a strange into your home, no matter how official they might appear. There are many scams running rampant and some robbers dress as delivery personnel or other officials. Always ask to see ID and inspect it closely before letting someone in your home.
- Don’t forget to lock your windows.
- Never leave ladders or anything else alongside your home to help a burglar climb to the second floor to find a new way to gain entry.
- Ensure your home’s doors are of high quality. If you did not change your locks when you moved into your current home, change them now. It’s never too late.
You can never be overly cautious when it comes to protecting your home. A few small improvements and minor investments can go a very long way in ensuring your family’s safety.